My trainer gave me homework, to fit in another PT session over the weekend. In the past, I did 2 PT sessions a week, and 4 cardio days… with 1 day off. So it was interesting that my new trainer asked me to try and squeeze in a third PT session. Why not? I’ll probably get better results if I can also control my diet.
I’ve admittedly been going off-diet a lot. My first trainer told me you can cheat maybe once in a week, but no more than that or you just won’t be able to keep losing weight. By cheat, she meant eating “junk” foods such as pizza, candy, or other foods with loads of carbs in them like white rice, or breads.She was a lot stricter with food as well. She told me no rice, no bread, anything with enriched flour, whenever possible.Last night I had a patty melt from Jurison’s Inn, in Waikele. So good, and yet, so bad. :o(
This is the PT workout I was told to do:
- DB Squats – 10 lb – 20 reps
- DB Press – 5 lbs – 15 reps
- DB Lunge – 10 lbs – 12 ea. leg
- DB Chest Press – 10 lbs – 12 reps
- Step-ups – 12 ea. leg
- DB Row – 10 lbs – 15 reps
- Burpee – 12 reps
Today went like this:
- 2.5g BCAA powder w/ 2 oz. cranberry juice
- PT workout (steps listed above, approx. 50 min).
- 2.5g BCAA powder with 8oz cranberry juice
- 1 banana, 1/2 scoop protein powder
- 5oz okinawan sweet potato
- black coffee (iced)
- salad: lettuce, grape tomatoes, olives, avocado w/ salsa dressing
- sushi: 4 pcs. tamago nigiri, 6 pcs. salmon nigiri at Kuru Kuru Sushi, Aiea
- Run 5 mi.
- 1 banana